SBA Fact Sheet
The Michigan SBA Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's many
programs and services throughout the State of Michigan.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and
assistance programs, special outreach efforts, and initiatives to aid and
inform small businesses. The following describes briefly the services and
information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed
loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. The local District Office
provides a full range of loan programs. The Michigan District Office
assists hundreds of small businesses each year by providing financial
assistance through the 7(a) guarantee and 504 loan programs.
- Free counseling, advice, and information on starting, better operating
or expanding a small business through (SCORE) counselors to America's small
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and
economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise
- Women's Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise
women business owners.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in